Hashtag for this round: #EDGE11
Full Day Schedule:
- 8.30 am – Doors open
- 9.30 am – Welcome and pitching
- 10.30 am – Sir Tom Hunter in conversation with Deputy First Minister John Swinney
- 11.15 am – Networking
- 11.45 am – Pitching resumes
- 1.00 pm – Lunch and networking
- 2.00 pm – Pitching resumes
- 3.30 pm – Networking
- 3.45 pm – Pitching resumes
- 5.15 pm – Dinner and networkingEvening
- 6.30 pm – Evening Awards Ceremony commences
- 6.30 pm – Cutting EDGE video debut
- 6.35 pm – Opening Remarks with David Shearer
- 6.40 pm – Royal Bank of Scotland update with Michael Crow
- 6.45 pm – Young EDGE Awards winner announcements
- 6.55 pm – Creative update with Fiona Hyslop MSP
- 7.00 pm – Scottish EDGE winners announcement part 1 – inc Creative EDGE winner
- 7.15 pm – Guest speaker David Duke, founder of Street Soccer Scotland
- 7.35 pm – Wild Card EDGE Awards announcements
- 7.45 pm – Scottish EDGE Winners announcement part 2 – inc Higgs EDGE winner
- 8.00 pm – Closing Remarks with Evelyn McDonald
- 8.10 pm – Drinks reception
- 9.15 pm -Carriages
Scottish EDGE is delighted to announce that tickets for the final of Round 11 of the competition are now available.
Taking place on Thursday, 14th Dec, 2017 at the Royal Bank of Scotland’s Gogarburn Conference Centre, the Round 11 Final will support Scotland’s most innovative, high-growth potential startup businesses with up to £150,000 in cash and an all-encompassing business support package.
Having completed 10 successful rounds, Scottish EDGE – which is supported by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Hunter Foundation, and the Scottish Government – has had an unquestionable impact on the Scottish economy. Our winners have, to date, created an additional 981 Scottish jobs, generated an additional £57.23 million in turnover, and received additional investment to the sum of £55.17 million. In the last round of Scottish EDGE, cash prizes of £1.2 million were shared amongst forty winners across four different categories.
The exciting and fun final is split in two, with a day-time pitching event, and an evening awards ceremony. The daytime event offers the chance to watch this year’s Scottish EDGE finalists pitch for up to £150,000 in front of an expert panel of judges. The finalists will be announced in early November following the Scottish EDGE semifinals. For the six hundred expected attendees, the event also offers the opportunity to meet and learn from a variety of Scottish businesses and entrepreneurial support organisations in the Exhibitor Atrium.
At the evening awards ceremony the winners of the day’s Scottish EDGE pitching rounds, including the special Higgs EDGE and Creative EDGE award winners, will be announced. There will also be an unveiling of the prizes across the competition’s sub-categories – Young EDGE and Wildcard EDGE.
The event will also include keynotes from high profile guest speakers which, in the past, have included Duncan Logan of RocketSpace, BrewDog founder James Watt, and renowned philanthropist Sir Tom Hunter.
For Round 11, we are delighted to welcome Sir Tom Hunter and Deputy First Minister John Swinney MSP for a rare ‘in conversation’ segment during the daytime pitching session – an unmissable coming together of two great Scottish minds.
At the evening awards ceremony, David Duke, the face and driving force of an organisation which uses football to change the lives of the disadvantaged and broken – Street Soccer (Scotland) – will be delivering a keynote speech. Now commonly found on the global improving society through sport speaker circuit alongside the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Boris Becker and Dame Kelly Holmes, David’s journey from homelessness to being one of the country’s leading social entrepreneurs is both captivating and inspiring. An engaging, funny and heartfelt talk, not to be missed.
Book your place now and find out who will successfully pitch their way to essential business support. All for free!